Since the economy began to rapidly recede in the third quarter last year, the public has grown more aware of savings opportunities. One of the most commonly overlooked money saving methods is the use of online printable coupons. These coupons have become ever more valuable due to rising food costs, unemployment, and overall drop in consumer spending.
Recent number shows about a 5% increase in online coupon use from last year. The face value of the coupons was $387 Billion, a LARGE increase of 16% over the $337 Billion in 2006 and representing a 9% increase in face value.Although this method has been valuable to many people, it is with dissatisfaction that I tell you that according to surveys from PriceRunner.com, online coupon use rises with income. We all work hard to earn our mone, so why pay full price on groceries and other goods when you can use printable coupons online right from the comfort of your home or library? All you need is a printer. The online world is filled with websites offering free coupons to print out. Searching on Google, I get over 30 MILLION results for “online coupons.” A few choices caught my eye and I decided to look into it further to provide you with the best information!
1) http://www.ultimatecoupons.com/ – Categorized into sections, also has a featured coupons section for more established companies. I rate this site a 6 out of 10.
2) http://www.couponmom.com/ – The site itself looks like one of those parked domains with tons of ads. I did not like the navigation at all, just seems like a bunch of words. After more time on the site, I conclude this site is only a bare bone advertising site for making money. Don’t waste time visiting.
3) http://smartsource.com – Looks a bit old fashioned but has a ton of valuable coupons you can search for using your zip code and then print out. Also a small navigation bar for more precise searches. I rate this site an 8 out of 10.
4) http://grocerycoupons.com – Tries to sell you an online membership for 9.95 (5000 coupons). Probably a bunch of useless coupons you will never need.
There were tons of other websites out there for you to choose from! Do not get fooled into buying anything! Most coupons are available for free, just keep looking. I can help you find what you need, just let me know. A lot of websites also offer to send you coupons directly to your e-mail. This sounds like a bunch of spam! Just go on Google and type in “free printable coupons” and visit the sites listed. Make sure the coupon is not expired!
Also, another way to find printable coupons online is to visit your favorite stores online and sign up for their mailing lists. Many offer coupons for their products and exclusive printable coupons to their subscribers at no additional charge. For example, Albertson’s has a great coupon program!
Department Stores offer coupons and also offer online coupon codes. Some common department store coupons are Macys, The Limited, Victorias Secret, and Boscovs. Print out online coupons for use in-store or use online coupon codes to shop online. Restaurants offer printable restaurant coupons that can save you up to 70% on meals. Enjoy your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant or try a new restaurant.. Knowing you have a free coupon to put towards your meal makes the experience that much more enjoyable.
If you have any questions or need help finding a coupon, please let me know.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch