Will the events of last week send shocks into the barely recovering economy?
Last week, two highly publicized events occurred in the United States that could shake the foundations of the limping economy. The first one, the passage of the Arizona immigration bill, has already led to boycotts and broken agreements. The second, an oil spill of epic proportions in the Gulf of Mexico by the huge British Petroleum oil corporation, is becoming one of the worst man made environmental disasters of all time.
We will skip all the political and environmental ramifications and concentrate on the effects on the economy.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch