This is the fourth installment in our “Save Money at Home” series. Refer back to the other posts for more ways to save money at home.
This series consists of the 4 posts below:
Save Money on Clothes
I have made a habit of beginning these articles with the amount the average household spends on the topic being discussed and this article will be no exception. The average family of four spends $187 a month on clothing – a significant investment for items that could last many years.
One of my favorite places to shop for clothes, household items, jewelry, and presents is my local JcPenney department store. Having worked in the mall, I know the ups and downs of shopping at larger stores like Macys, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, and JcPenney. By following the tips below, you will be saving a lot of money the next time you stop by one of these corporate giants.
1. Keep an Eye for Sales Sections. Usually marked with red, clearance and sale sections sometimes have fantastic clothes or items at a fraction of the cost (I’ve seen Macy’s and JcPenney sometimes do 85% off). You can buy 5 clothing items at this price and still save more than if you bought one regular priced item.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch