Auto insurance payment can be quite expensive, especially if you have a new car or a bad traffic history. Being mandatory in most states and with quite expensive payments, auto insurance can cost you upwards of $1,000 a year. However, I have managed to cut my costs to only $550 a year by following some simple steps.
You can save money by using these tips as well.
1. The most obvious way to save money is by using the safe driver discounts that insurance companies provide. In order to be part of this program, you have to have a safe driver record (1 accident/ ticket in 3 years is the benchmark). This can save you over 150-20% on your payments.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch