This is the second installment in our “Save Money at Home” Series. Please refer back to the other posts for more ways to save money at home:
Save Money on General Utilities
In our previous post, we highlighted 5 ways you could save on your electronic bills and came up with an average savings of almost $150 a month. In this article, I will show you how to save money on your general utility bills.
According to the Foundation of Kaiser Family, only half of Americans have health insurance plans that are offered by their employer. With many people losing jobs and employers cutting back on expenses, Americans are losing their health insurance, leaving many people unable to afford basic coverage. If you are considering getting your personal health insurance, always remember that your life might decided by the plan you will choose. Getting reliable health insurance from a quality provider sounds like a great idea, but the costs are always a factor in the equation. Follow these steps to save big on your next health insurance plan:
Auto insurance payment can be quite expensive, especially if you have a new car or a bad traffic history. Being mandatory in most states and with quite expensive payments, auto insurance can cost you upwards of $1,000 a year. However, I have managed to cut my costs to only $550 a year by following some simple steps.
You can save money by using these tips as well.
1. The most obvious way to save money is by using the safe driver discounts that insurance companies provide. In order to be part of this program, you have to have a safe driver record (1 accident/ ticket in 3 years is the benchmark). This can save you over 150-20% on your payments.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch