According to analysts, about 1 in 13 successful drugs is a “blockbuster.” Blockbuster drugs net over a billion in revenue and keep pharmaceutical companies profitable. Many new drugs can fail, get out-competed by other drugs, or never hit full stride, costing companies hundreds of millions of dollars lost to research, marketing, and approval.
Recently, I came across a few up and coming drugs and wanted to shed some light on whether investing in their respective manufacturing companies is a good idea or not.
1) Novartis- Malarial Drug – “spiroindolones”
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch