Why Las Vegas?
Las Vegas is one of the largest tourist destinations in the world – attracting over 40 million tourists a year from every country. Each tourist spends, on average, about $1000 dollars each visit, a whopping sum that contributes to the many high rise casino hotels in the city. Las Vegas is a capitalist bastion. Around every corner, large advertisements beckon and people try selling you things you don’t need.
When traveling to Vegas, it often feels like money is wasted left and right. However, if you plan ahead of time, have a well – defined itinerary, and follow some of these steps, you can save a lot of money.
Grocery spending can be one of the biggest financial burder on a family. An average family of four spends approximately $6,280 annually on groceries. This translates to a whopping $121 a week. Even with the current economic condition, food prices have not budged. Market analysts predict that it takes about 3 quarters (9 months) for food prices to change based on market conditions. That means we can still expect to wait 4 or 5 more months until a substantial price decrease is seen. By following the steps below, you can expect to reduce your grocery spending costs by about 15%, almost $900 in annual savings in an average household.
Shopping at the right places online is one of the best ways to save money
Shopping online can help you save a lot of money and time and open the door to tons of sales!
People use online shopping to save money on products in a number of ways:
1. It saves money in two ways: Gas and wasteful shopping you might do if you go to a store.
2. It saves time which can be put towards more other activities (such as making money).
3. The price is usually lower online since there is no cost associated with stocking and displaying products. There is also no tax, unless the company is located in your state.
Since the economy began to rapidly recede in the third quarter last year, the public has grown more aware of savings opportunities. One of the most commonly overlooked money saving methods is the use of online printable coupons. These coupons have become ever more valuable due to rising food costs, unemployment, and overall drop in consumer spending.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch