Know your options before you take out a loan.
Everyone knows that Bachelor degrees don’t carry the same weight they did 10 years ago and entry level professionals in today’s economy are urged more and more to have some kind of graduate degree to be seen as competitive job applicants.
Before taking out a student loan, it is a good idea for parents and students alike to read more about the benefits and disadvantages of each type of loan (whether personal, private, or government subsidized) in order to ensure a smooth transition after graduation.
Let us dissect the benefits and possible uses for each of the loans in order to help you narrow down your choices.
There are three types of student loans you can apply for: Federal, private, and personal student loans.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
New on SmarterSpend
- How Hire a Contractor for Less Without Sacrificing Quality
- Top 5 Craigslist Scams to Avoid
- 8 Companies Facing Bankruptcy in 2011
- The Ultimate Personal Finance Blog Rankings from MoneyCrashers!
- Investing in Health Care: 3 Innovative New Drugs to Watch